DISTANT SHORES: Surfing the Ends of the Earth
by Chris Burkard
edited by Steve Crist
Award-winner global surf photographer Chris Burkard’s photographs are punctuated by energized landscapes and moments of bliss, by adventure seeking and the lifestyle that it encompasses, and by movement and intuitive light-working capabilities.
With the ocean as his muse, Burkard has consistently captured this subject in timeless and expansive photographic impressions, utilizing the tool of surfing to approach the ocean's intricate personality and then extending out to include the human personalities that draw meaning from this same source. Searching for wild, remote destinations and offbeat landscapes, Burkard portrays the humble placement of the human in contrast to nature.
- 11.5 x 15.5 inches | 180 pages
- Ammo Books/Publishers
- Made in USA
Shipping + Returns
Based on your choice of method at checkout, this item is processed + shipped within 1-2 Business Days.
- If applicable: shipping fees, promo codes, and sales tax (Calif. only) are calculated at checkout.
- Firecracker partners with the United States Postal Service (USPS), DHL, UPS, and FedEx to ship your orders.
- When your package is on its way, we'll send you a shipping confirmation email with detailed Carrier Info + Tracking #.
- For complete details, please see Shipping + Delivery. For global orders, check out our International FAQs.
Gladly accepted for refund, exchange, or store credit within 21 Days of original purchase.
- All returned merchandise must be in new + unused condition.
- Refunds will be made in the form of your original payment. Gift recipients may return items for store credit or exchange only.
- Excluding damage claims or returns as a result of our error, shipping fees are not included.
- Sale, Custom + Personal Care Items are "Final Sale". No returns or exchanges.
- For complete details, please review our hassle-free Return Policy.
We stand behind the quality of all our goods. Full stop.
That's our commitment to you, because we want you to love what you order. But in case you're not thoroughly delighted with your purchase, we promise to make things right as quickly + easily as possible.
Questions? Need a hand? Our friendly Help Desk is always there for you.
Published by Ammo Books, Pasadena CA
AMMO Books publishes provocative, one-of-a-kind titles on the visual arts and pop culture. With a focus on great design, thoughtful writing, and exquisite printing, they celebrate the work of unique designers, photographers, illustrators, and artists.
You don’t need to be a surfer to appreciate the width and breadth of what Chris has accomplished with “Distant Shores.” If anything, it helps to lose any preconceived notions you may have about surfing. It’s not always sand, sunshine, and palm trees. Sometimes it’s at night in Iceland, in the shadows of snow-covered mountains and under the glow of the northern lights. Or trekking through the Russian countryside or Mexican cactus fields just to reach the water. Often camping right on the beach, Chris’ images tell stories not only of the landscapes he photographs, but of the people who inhabit those landscapes as well.
The Photo Brigade