EAMES: BEAUTIFUL DETAILS
by Eames Demetrios
essays and quotes by the Eames family: Charles + Ray Eames, Lucia Eames, Carla Hartman, Byron Atwood, Lucia Dewey Atwood, Eames Demetrios, Lisa Demetrios
edited by Gloria Fowler and Steve Crist
“Eventually everything connects — people, ideas, objects...the quality of the connections is the key to quality per se...I don't believe in this 'gifted few' concept, just in people doing things they are really interested in doing. They have a way of getting good at whatever it is.” ― Charles Eames
A must have for design/architecture/modernist lovers -- and a design object in itself -- this extraordinary 400 page coffee table book is overflowing with images of renowned designers Charles + Ray Eames's groundbreaking and iconic furniture designs, interiors, graphic design, textiles, toy design, film, and photography.
Augmenting the abundant visual images are quotes and essays by the Eames family, including: Charles and Ray Eames, Lucia Eames, Carla Hartman, Byron Atwood, Lucia Dewey Atwood, Eames Demetrios, and Llisa Demetrios.
Among the greatest designers of the 20th century, the Eameses distinctly postwar American enthusiasm and openness to the world around them gave them free license to explore work in many disciplines. This book celebrates the seamlessness and fluidity in which they operated as both a husband-and-wife team and as designers unrestricted by traditional professional boundaries.
Charles and Ray brought a sense of humor and joy to everything they created, and the design and layout of this book aims to convey that spirit in a visual feast for the eyes. Select details of their life and work from their refined designs to their innovative experiments, and even including images depicting the everyday poetic moments of their life, are shared here in this exhibit within a book.
Inspired by Charles's immersive and original slideshows, this book strives to visually celebrate the Eameses life and work by taking the viewer through a delightful journey focusing on their "beautiful details."
- Hardcover with Slipcase
- 11.8 x 8.4 inches | 408 pages
- Ammo Books/Publishers
- Made in USA
Shipping + Returns
Based on your choice of method at checkout, this item is processed + shipped within 1-2 Business Days.
- If applicable: shipping fees, promo codes, and sales tax (Calif. only) are calculated at checkout.
- Firecracker partners with the United States Postal Service (USPS), DHL, UPS, and FedEx to ship your orders.
- When your package is on its way, we'll send you a shipping confirmation email with detailed Carrier Info + Tracking #.
- For complete details, please see Shipping + Delivery. For global orders, check out our International FAQs.
Gladly accepted for full refund or exchange within 21 Days of original purchase.
- All returned merchandise must be in new + unused condition.
- Refunds will be made in the form of your original payment. Gift recipients may return items for store credit or exchange only.
- Excluding damage claims or returns as a result of our error, shipping fees are not included.
- Sale, Custom + Personal Care Items are "Final Sale". No returns or exchanges.
- For complete details, please review our hassle-free Return Policy.
We stand behind the quality of all our goods. Full stop.
That's our commitment to you, because we want you to love what you order. But in case you're not thoroughly delighted with your purchase, we promise to make things right as quickly + easily as possible.
Questions? Need a hand? Our friendly Help Desk is always there for you.
Published by Ammo Books, Pasadena CA
AMMO Books publishes provocative, one-of-a-kind titles on the visual arts and pop culture. With a focus on great design, thoughtful writing, and exquisite printing, they celebrate the work of unique designers, photographers, illustrators, and artists.
'Beautiful Details' offers something of a comprehensive overview, with chapters on all of [the Eameses'] various disciplines. But more than that, it is a personal document, edited by their grandson, Eames Demetrios... and featuring family photos, documents, and reminiscences.
Los Angeles Times