Completely dark, yet slowly moving into the light:
Celebrate this powerful monthly lunar affirmation with designer Adel Chefridi's bewitching "New Moon" charm pendant. Hand set with a petite .01 ct diamond and exquisitely formed star etching.
Paired with an adjustable 16"-18" antiqued sterling silver chain w/lobster clasp. A satin finish adds a final grace note to this lovely, meaningful piece.
- .01 ct Diamond
- Sterling silver pendant w/satin finish; size 9mm (0.4")
- 16" to 18" adjustable sterling silver chain w/ lobster clasp
- All raw materials conflict-free & responsibly sourced
- Add a Gift Message at checkout
- Made in USA + Tunisia
Shipping + Returns
Based on your choice of method at checkout, this item is processed + shipped within 1-2 Business Days.
- If applicable: shipping fees, promo codes, and sales tax (Calif. only) are calculated at checkout.
- Firecracker partners with the United States Postal Service (USPS), DHL, UPS, and FedEx to ship your orders.
- When your package is on its way, we'll send you a shipping confirmation email with detailed Carrier Info + Tracking #.
- For complete details, please see Shipping + Delivery. For global orders, check out our International FAQs.
Gladly accepted for refund, exchange, or store credit within 21 Days of original purchase.
- All returned merchandise must be in new + unused condition.
- Refunds will be made in the form of your original payment. Gift recipients may return items for store credit or exchange only.
- Excluding damage claims or returns as a result of our error, shipping fees are not included.
- Sale, Custom + Personal Care Items are "Final Sale". No returns or exchanges.
- For complete details, please review our hassle-free Return Policy.
We stand behind the quality of all our goods. Full stop.
That's our commitment to you, because we want you to love what you order. But in case you're not thoroughly delighted with your purchase, we promise to make things right as quickly + easily as possible.
Questions? Need a hand? Our friendly Help Desk is always there for you.
Care + Cleaning
A Little Goes a Long Way...
The vast majority of our artisan-made pieces require minimal maintenance. Depending on your lifestyle, however, the following tips will help maintain the brilliance of your jewelry for years to come:
- Salt water, chlorine and dirt are the bane of beautiful jewelry, so take off prized pieces when swimming, gardening, exercising, etc. This simple act alone will help mightily against tarnish, scratches, fading, and other inadvertent damage.
- It's also a good idea to take an extra few moments and allow perfume, lotions and gels to dry before putting on your jewelry. The chemical makeup of these particular products can definitely speed up oxidation/tarnish.
- At the end of the day, metal is metal. Over time, exposure to air, moisture, and skin oils will cause a natural patina to develop. To curtail this process, clean oft-worn pieces regularly and store in anti-tarnish pouches.
- Speaking of proper storage... necklaces have been known to tangle, earrings to break, and precious gems to get scratched. Using a well-made, padded jewelry case can minimize that potential -- and unnecessary -- heartache.
- Fact: sterling silver will tarnish over time. Also fact: ordinary toothpaste makes a great polish. Gently apply with fingers, soft cloth or old toothbrush; rinse thoroughly with warm water.
- Tarnish magnets to avoid? For starters, excessive sunlight, humidity, wool, latex, and rubber bands. Acidic foods such as vinegar, mayonnaise, fruit juice, salsa, etc. And salt, which both corrodes and mottles silver surfaces.
- Oxidized (blackened) silver will also develop highlights over time -- but in a good way. Do not use chemicals, commercial cleaners or commercial polishing cloths as they will irretrievably alter the desired finish.
- Polishing 101: work in an up-and-down motion, not circular -- this will help de-emphasize fine scratches. Rotate your cleaning cloth/toothbrush frequently so tarnish isn't deposited back onto your piece.
- For almost all gems, a soak in a lukewarm solution of mild dish soap and warm water is generally a safe place to start. Gently scrub with a soft, non-metallic brush; dry thoroughly with separate lint-free cloth.
- Porous stones such as Opal, Lapis and Turquoise, however, should not be cleaned with soap or soaked in water. Instead, wipe with a damp cloth and dry immediately with lint-free cloth.
- Likewise, never immerse your pearls in water. Rather, carefully wipe each pearl with warm soapy water and dry thoroughly. Blow briskly on the knots and drill holes to help dissipate excess moisture.
- Pearls and perspiration do not mix. If worn against your skin, definitely clean before storing -- in a protective jewelry pouch, naturally -- to avoid potential discoloration.
- Diamonds are not soap, lotions, powders, or even natural skin oils best friend. They form a film and cut down on the "glow factor" due to diminished amounts of light entering the stone and refracting back in all its glory.
- Gold doesn't tarnish, but suffers from the same grimy culprits as diamonds. To keep both shining bright, soak for 20 minutes in warm water, a drop of ammonia + mild detergent. Skip the brushing tools; use your fingers instead.
- If gadgets appeal to you, an eco-friendly steam cleaner is also a good way to go. For extra large collections, a time-saving ultrasonic cleaner can also be a worthy investment.
- Above all, remember that gold is a soft metal. And diamonds have been known to chip when hit by an accidental blow. So no matter which cleaning/drying method you employ, go slow and be gentle throughout.
- Depending on your body chemistry, a temporary greenish black oxidation mark may appear on your skin when wearing brass. Don't worry, it's not harmful... but you may wish to avoid this metal if you are prone to this reaction.
- Unlike other metals, the patina that accumulates on brass/bronze over time can actually counteract corrosion. (And look good while doing it.) Therefore, it is best to avoid heavy commercial cleaners of any kind.
- To polish naturally, dip a lemon half in salt and gently scrub away grime without damaging the surface. Equal parts lemon juice and baking soda also makes an excellent cleaning paste.
- A generous soak in Coca-Cola also works wonders. As does ketchup.
- (Yes, really. To both.)
- Rule of thumb: organic components require more delicate care than harder metals. Although the allure is undeniable, throwing your pieces into the laundry with your clothes is not advisable.
- Water-resistant or not, removing waxed bracelets prior to showering pr swimming will help maintain long-term durabilty and structure.
- Friendship bracelets need a refresher course? A good soak and gentle rub in a baking soda + water solution (figure 3-4 parts to 1) will help remove stains and odor. Rinse thoroughly and air-dry before wearing again.
- Spot Cleaning: dip a cotton swab in the cleaning solution, then gently rub the problem area with one side of the swab. Dip the other end in plain water, and rub the same spot again. Repeat as necessary until the stain is gone.
Adel Chefridi Studio
New York + Tunisia
As childhood playgrounds go, Adel Chefridi's was pretty special: the Mediterranean jewel of Carthage/Tunis, Tunisia.
Built on the remains of the Phoenicians, Romans, Byzantines, Arabs, Andalusians, Ottomans, and more, these material cultures all left behind a rich tapestry of knowledge, stories + artifacts. For a burgeoning young artist like Adel, it was an expression of beauty goldmine. So it is no surprise that in 1998 when he first traveled across the Atlantic to New York and found himself enveloped in the thrilling diversity of that great city... and its material cultures... Adel felt right at home.
Today, in concert with his sister studio in Tunis, Adel's Hudson Valley work space serves as a vibrant conduit for the exchange of skills and knowledge with relatives back in Tunisia. Empowering his family, women, and the local community at large, this magnetic connection to the timeless roots of his birth -- coupled with Adel's keen eye for contemporary style -- serves as an enduring touchstone for his intensely meaningful, one of a kind design aesthetic.
Another important hallmark of Adel's approach to his work? Respect and kindness. He sources only the finest materials from ethical and conflict-free suppliers, and along with Firecracker... proudly stands behind his workmanship without exception.
Harmony is a persuasive theme. A song can make one fall in love with a whole culture, or a region or generation. Building bridges between people through beauty is a trade I always wanted to master.
Designer Adel Chefridi