Last Updated 1 November, 2020
YOUR CONSENT TO THIS ONLINE PRIVACY STATEMENT
By browsing or using shopfirecracker.com, you are agreeing to the collection, use, and disclosure of your personal information as described in this Online Privacy Statement. If you do not consent to the collection, use, and disclosure of your personal information as described in this Online Privacy Statement, please exit this site immediately.
WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
Information You Give Us
We collect the personal information you knowingly and voluntarily provide when you use ShopFirecracker.com. For example, the information you provide when you create a ShopFirecracker.com profile, make a purchase, sign up for our e-mail newsletters, communicate with us via social media, submit product reviews, create a wishlist, participate in events, contests, questionnaire, or promotions, post customer-generated content to this Site, or communicate with customer service.
Depending on how you use this site, you may supply us with information such as:
• Your name.
• Email address.
• Phone number.
• Shipping address.
• Billing information and payment details (i.e. billing address, credit card details, and other sensitive financial information,
specifically for the purpose of completing your transaction).
• Username and password for your ShopFirecracker.com profile/membership.
• A record of your Firecracker.com orders, purchase history, and shopping behavior and preferences.
• Information provided by you through your interactions with us in social media.
• Location and geographic information that could be collected if you use our mobile site or app.
• Other details that you may submit to us or that may be included in the information provided to us by third parties.
• Additionally, when you select “tell a friend about ShopFirecracker.com”, we request their email address from you to send them an introductory email. We do not share your friend’s email information for any other purposes unless that friend creates a membership to ShopFirecracker.com.
Personal Information can also include information about any transactions, both free and paid, that you enter into the website, and information about you that is available on the internet, such as from Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter and Google, or publicly available information that we acquire from the aforementioned service providers.
Personal Information can also include Navigational Information or Payment Information where such information can directly or indirectly identify an individual. Navigational information refers to information about your computer and your visits to this website such as your IP address, geographical location, browser type, referral source, length of visit and pages viewed. (Please see the "Information Sent to Us by Your Web Browser " section below.)
Payment information can also include the encrypted collection and processing of payment information when you shop on the Firecracker website, including credit cards numbers and billing information, using third party PCI-compliant service providers. Except for this, we do not collect Sensitive Information from you, nor is any of this information retained by us.
Information Sent to Us by Your Web Browser
We use Navigational Information to operate and improve the Firecracker website. We may also use Navigational Information alone or in combination with Personal Information to provide you with personalized information about Firecracker – but only if you have opted-in/consented to receiving our communications.
We collect information that is sent to us by your Web browser, such as your IP address, the address of the Web page you were visiting when you accessed ShopFirecracker.com, the date and time of your visit, and information about your computer's operating system. Please check your browser if you want to learn what information your browser sends or how to change your settings. The information provided by your browser does not identify you personally. We use this non-personal information primarily to create statistics that help us improve this site and make it more compatible with the technology used by our visitors.
Information We Collect Using Cookies and Other Web Technologies
We use "cookies" and other third-party analytics technologies to collect information and support certain features of this site. For example, we use these technologies to collect information about the ways visitors use our site - which pages they visit, which links they use, and how long they stay on each page. Generally, the information we collect using these Web technologies does not identify you personally, however, it may be linked to information that does identify you personally, such as the information you provide when you make a purchase or register to use a special feature of our site.
If you do not wish to receive cookies, you may set your browser to reject cookies or to alert you when a cookie is placed on your computer. You may also delete our cookies when you leave ShopFirecracker.com. Although you are not required to accept our cookies when you visit ShopFirecracker.com, you may not be able to use all of the features and functionality of this site.
Firecracker complies with the “Do Not Track” (“DNT”) standard recommended by the World Wide Web Consortium. For logged-out users browsing with DNT enabled, Firecracker’s analytics will not receive data about you, but we will do some first-party tracking in order to customize content and provide data to third-party service providers that enable Firecracker Services to work. When you use Firecracker while logged-in to your account, we cannot comply with DNT.
HOW DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
All personal information collected through ShopFirecracker.com is for the purpose of the reasoning described above as well as:
• Processing, verifying, validating, and completing your transaction;
• Security, credit or fraud prevention purposes;
• To create, manage, and maintain your membership/profile;
• Record keeping of your purchase history;
• Enabling communication via our Site, blog + social networks;
• To provide you with information, products and services you request;
• To manage your participation in surveys, contests & promotions;
• To provide you with effective customer service to better understand your needs and interests;
• To improve the content, functionality and usability of this site;
• Sending email as appropriate (see Email Section below);
• To improve our products and services;
• For any other purpose we identify in a specific privacy notice.
Firecracker does not sell or share the personal information of our users with any unaffiliated third parties for their promotional purposes. At times where we may share the personal information we collect through this site, it is solely as described below and in any applicable privacy notices:
We may share your personal information with companies that perform services on our behalf to ensure the payment and delivery of your purchased products; i.e., credit card processors, shipping agents, etc. Our service providers are required by contract to protect the confidentiality of the personal information we share with them and to use said information only to provide services on our behalf and nothing else.
Business Partners and Selected Vendors
We work closely with certain carefully selected business partners and vendors to provide you with access to their product offerings. If and when you buy one of their products, we may share personally identifiable information about you in order to facilitate completion of your transaction.
Information submitted to ShopFirecracker.com is an asset of Firecracker and will become part of our normal business records. Your personal information may be transferred to another company (either a corporate affiliate or an unrelated third party) that has acquired substantially all the assets of Firecracker as the result of a sale, merger, reorganization, dissolution or liquidation.
Government and Legal Disclosures
User-Generated Content & Information Disclosure
Any personal information or image content you voluntarily disclose online in a manner that other users can view (including, but not limited to: product reviews, comments, on social media pages, in connection with contests and promotions, and on the Firecracker blog) becomes publicly available, and can be read, collected, and used by other members of this forum to send you unsolicited messages. Depending on privacy settings you select, your membership name, email, or other information may also be displayed when you post comments or upload images throughout the Site.
Firecracker.com is not responsible for the personal information users voluntarily select to disclose in these forums.
Interaction With External Social Networks And Platforms
This type of service allows interaction with social networks or other external platforms directly from the pages of www.ShopFirecracker.com. The interaction and information obtained through www.ShopFirecracker.com are always subject to the User’s privacy settings for each social network. This type of service might still collect traffic data for the pages where the service is installed, even when Users do not use it.
Managing Contacts And Sending Messages -- This type of service makes it possible to manage a database of email contacts, phone contacts or any other contact information to communicate with the User. These services may also collect data concerning the date and time when the message was viewed by the User, as well as when the User interacted with it, such as by clicking on links included in the message.
EMAIL & OTHER COMMUNICATIONS
We may contact you via email to send you necessary order-related messages, such as order confirmation and shipment confirmation notices.
If you choose to opt-in, we may also send you newsletters and additional email messages about our products, services, contests, and promotions that we feel may be of interest to you. If you no longer wish to receive these and other promotional communications from us, you may select the unsubscribe link which is present in each email. You may also customize your communication preferences by accessing the email preference center in your Membership Page and adjusting your settings accordingly.
We do not sell, rent or share your email address with any outside marketers. Ever.
ShopFirecracker.com respects your right to make choices about the ways we collect, use and disclose your personal information. You may browse firecrackerusa.com without providing any information that identifies you personally and may choose not to provide the information we request, although this may mean that you cannot always take advantage of all firecrackerusa.com features.
You can access, update, or change your personal information and communication preferences by signing into your Membership Page and modifying your preferences at your discretion.
The Rights of Users
Users may exercise certain rights regarding their Data processed by the Owner. In particular, Users have the right to do the following:
• Withdraw their consent at any time. Users have the right to withdraw consent where they have previously given their consent to the processing of their Personal Data.
• Object to processing of their Data. Users have the right to object to the processing of their Data if the processing is carried out on a legal basis other than consent. Further details are provided in the dedicated section below.
• Access their Data. Users have the right to learn if Data is being processed by the Owner, obtain disclosure regarding certain aspects of the processing and obtain a copy of the Data undergoing processing.
• Verify and seek rectification. Users have the right to verify the accuracy of their Data and ask for it to be updated or corrected.
• Restrict the processing of their Data. Users have the right, under certain circumstances, to restrict the processing of their Data. In this case, the Owner will not process their Data for any purpose other than storing it.
• Have their Personal Data deleted or otherwise removed. Users have the right, under certain circumstances, to obtain the erasure of their Data from the Owner.
• Receive their Data and have it transferred to another controller. Users have the right to receive their Data in a structured, commonly used and machine readable format and, if technically feasible, to have it transmitted to another controller without any hindrance. This provision is applicable provided that the Data is processed by automated means and that the processing is based on the User's consent, on a contract which the User is part of or on pre-contractual obligations thereof.
• Lodge a complaint. Users have the right to bring a claim before their competent data protection authority.
CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
Under California’s "Shine the Light" law, California residents who provide personal information in obtaining products or services for personal, family, or household use are entitled to request and obtain from us once a calendar year information about the customer information we shared, if any, with other businesses for their own direct marketing uses. If applicable, this information would include the categories of customer information and the names and addresses of those businesses with which we shared customer information for the immediately prior calendar year (e.g. requests made in 2013 will receive information regarding 2012 sharing activities).
To obtain this information from Firecracker, please send an email to Office(at)Firecracker.com with "Request for California Privacy Information" on the subject line and in the body of your message. We will provide the requested information to you at your email address in response. Not all information sharing is covered by the "Shine the Light" requirements, and only information on covered sharing will be included in our response.
Firecracker has strict industry standard measures in place to protect the security of the personal information we collect through our website. Our site is verified by GeoTrust and uses Stripe for all our secure credit card transactions. When you access our checkout using industry standard Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology, your information is protected with both server authentication and data encryption, ensuring that your data is safe, secure, and available only to Firecracker.
In addition, ShopFirecracker.com is hosted in a secure server environment that uses a firewall and other advanced technology to prevent interference or outside access. It is important to understand, however, that no website or database is completely secure or "hacker proof." You are also responsible for taking reasonable steps to protect your personal information against unauthorized disclosure or misuse (i.e. protecting your passwords, etc.)
CHILDREN AND MINORS
ShopFirecracker.com is not directed at nor targeted to children. We do not use this site to knowingly solicit personal information from or market to children. If you are under 13 years of age, you are not permitted to submit any personal information to us. We will promptly delete any personal information from a person under the age of 13 should we discover that we have collected such information without verification of parental consent.
If you believe that we may have collected information from a person or persons under the age of 13, please contact Hello(at)ShopFirecracker(dot)com promptly, and we will rectify the matter as quickly as possible.
QUESTIONS CONCERNING OUR ONLINE PRIVACY PRACTICES
Thank you for choosing Firecracker!