Here at Firecracker, goods built to the standards of an era when quality, durability and craftsmanship were considered the rule -- not the exception -- are what we're all about. Functional, well designed items that somehow manage to feel both new and old at the same time, and are chock-full of personality down to their last stitch.
That's Frost River.
The exterior of this roomy mail bag is made with 100% pure Woolrich Woolen Mills fine grade wool, with leather details from the SB Foot Tannery in Red Wing, Minnesota. (A partnership begun in 1872, and still going strong today.)
Inside, you'll find a large zippered interior compartment for a notebook computer or tablet (up to 15"), plus three large divider pockets and a full-sized zipper-security compartment. Strong, durable, and perfectly proportioned to fit all your daily must-have items, the high grade buckles, slides, and D-rings are made from solid brass. Result? Instead of turning steel grey, the hardware will develop a old world brass patina.
Or as the good people of Frost River like to put it: "It’s the way it’s meant to be... and has a great sound."
- Dimensions: 17" x 13.5", 1.59 lb.
- Materials: 100% fine grade wool & waxed cotton canvas
- Interior: one large zippered compartment; three divider pockets
- Double-snap interior detail to attach accessory bag
- Shoulder Straps: 2.25″ pistol belt cotton web
- Closure: Large flap over main compartment w/hand-cut leather details
- Pure brass rivets + hardware; hand-cut leather details
- Made in USA
Shipping + Returns
Per your choice of method at checkout, this item is processed + shipped in 1-2 Business Days.
- If applicable: shipping, promo codes + sales tax (Calif. only) are calculated at checkout.
- Firecracker partners with USPS, UPS, DHL + FedEx to deliver your items.
- When your order departs our facility, you will receive a confirmation email with exact Carrier + Tracking information.
- For complete details, please see Shipping + Delivery. For global orders, check out our International FAQs.
Gladly accepted for refund, exchange, or store credit within 14 Days of Delivery.
- Refunds made in the form of your original payment. Gift recipients receive store credit.
- Excluding damage claims or returns as a result of our error, shipping fees are not included.
- Sale, Gift Card, and Custom/Personal Care Items are "Final Sale". No returns/exchange.
- For complete details, please review our easy Return Policy.
We stand behind the quality of all our goods. Full stop.
That's our promise to you, because we want you to love what you order. But just in case you're not thoroughly delighted with your purchase, we'll do everything we can as quickly as possible to make things right.
Frost River started 250 years ago. Kind of.
In their own words:
"Back then, old-world craftsmen, trappers, miners and makers who bore our last names came to the North Woods to start anew. Turns out, our work ethic is a hand-me-down. Our grandfathers gave it to our fathers, who in turn passed it on to us. They knew what we know: deep forests, driving rains, drifting snows and rock-strewn portages do a great job of helping you sort out your character and find the parts of you that really matter.
Today, we build our bags to the standards of those who came before. We took generations of necessity and turned it into something that is somehow new and old at the same time. A new tradition. An old innovation. Either way you describe us, the people who know us will know what you’re talking about."
The Frost River has a smattering of everything—large and small lakes, beautiful falls, winding beaver streams and high beaver dams, tough, poorly-maintained portages, canoeable rapids and adventurous options. It is by far my favorite route in the Boundary Waters.
Enjoy Complimentary Standard Shipping on all jewelry orders within the United States.
Do you need it there faster?
Expedited + Express are available too.
Of course, we've all been there.
We gladly welcome returns in new original condition for refund, exchange, or store credit within 14 Days of Delivery.