Here at Firecracker, goods built to the standards of an era when quality, durability and craftsmanship were considered the rule -- not the exception -- are what we're all about. Functional, well designed items that somehow manage to feel both new and old at the same time, and are chock-full of personality down to their last stitch.
That's Frost River.
The exterior of this roomy mail bag is made with 100% pure Woolrich Woolen Mills fine grade wool, with leather details from the SB Foot Tannery in Red Wing, Minnesota. (A partnership begun in 1872, and still going strong today.)
Inside, you'll find a large zippered interior compartment for a notebook computer or tablet (up to 15"), plus three large divider pockets and a full-sized zipper-security compartment. Strong, durable, and perfectly proportioned to fit all your daily must-have items, the high grade buckles, slides, and D-rings are made from solid brass. Result? Instead of turning steel grey, the hardware will develop a old world brass patina.
Or as the good people of Frost River like to put it: "It’s the way it’s meant to be... and has a great sound."
- Dimensions: 17" x 13.5", 1.59 lb.
- Materials: 100% fine grade wool & waxed cotton canvas
- Interior: one large zippered compartment; three divider pockets
- Double-snap interior detail to attach accessory bag
- Shoulder Straps: 2.25″ pistol belt cotton web
- Closure: Large flap over main compartment w/hand-cut leather details
- Pure brass rivets + hardware; hand-cut leather details
- Made in USA
Shipping + Returns
Based on your choice of method at checkout, this item is processed + shipped within 1-2 Business Days.
- If applicable: shipping fees, promo codes, and sales tax (Calif. only) are calculated at checkout.
- Firecracker partners with the United States Postal Service (USPS), DHL, UPS, and FedEx to ship your orders.
- When your package is on its way, we'll send you a shipping confirmation email with detailed Carrier Info + Tracking #.
- For complete details, please see Shipping + Delivery. For global orders, check out our International FAQs.
Gladly accepted for refund, exchange, or store credit within 21 Days of original purchase.
- All returned merchandise must be in new + unused condition.
- Refunds will be made in the form of your original payment. Gift recipients may return items for store credit or exchange only.
- Excluding damage claims or returns as a result of our error, shipping fees are not included.
- Sale, Custom + Personal Care Items are "Final Sale". No returns or exchanges.
- For complete details, please review our hassle-free Return Policy.
We stand behind the quality of all our goods. Full stop.
That's our commitment to you, because we want you to love what you order. But in case you're not thoroughly delighted with your purchase, we promise to make things right as quickly + easily as possible.
Questions? Need a hand? Our friendly Help Desk is always there for you.
Frost River started 250 years ago. Kind of.
In their own words:
"Back then, old-world craftsmen, trappers, miners and makers who bore our last names came to the North Woods to start anew. Turns out, our work ethic is a hand-me-down. Our grandfathers gave it to our fathers, who in turn passed it on to us. They knew what we know: deep forests, driving rains, drifting snows and rock-strewn portages do a great job of helping you sort out your character and find the parts of you that really matter.
Today, we build our bags to the standards of those who came before. We took generations of necessity and turned it into something that is somehow new and old at the same time. A new tradition. An old innovation. Either way you describe us, the people who know us will know what you’re talking about."
The Frost River has a smattering of everything—large and small lakes, beautiful falls, winding beaver streams and high beaver dams, tough, poorly-maintained portages, canoeable rapids and adventurous options. It is by far my favorite route in the Boundary Waters.